So I found this Quora.com user asking “What are the best dog training books?“
Why would you want a book when there are courses out there which are more detailed like “Brain Training 4 Dogs“
Reading books nowadays takes time and effort, so I believe that an online course is much easier to understand.
But if it’s about books here, then let’s name three titles that grabbed my attention:
Zak George’s Dog Training Revolution: The Complete Guide to Raising the Perfect Pet with Love
As good as this book is, it is different from a dog training course.
But it is useful for people who are comfortable reading.
Sometimes a book can beat a digital course just because it’s a physical product.
This book has 9 chapters full with advices:
- Choosing the Right Dog for You
- Everything You Need to Prepare for Your Pet’s Arrival
- Steps for a Smooth Transition
- Dog Training Revolution: The Key Principles
- House Training 101: The Five Basic Rules
- Basic Training: The Fundamental Skills Every Dog Needs to Know
- How to Troubleshoot the Most Common Behavior Problems
- In Sickness and In Health: Basic Care for Your Dog
- Time for Fun: Cool Tricks, traveling, Exercise, and More
Positive Dog Training 101: The Practical Guide to Training Your Dog the Loving and Friendly Way
I don’t have much to say about this book because the title suggests already how training with your dog takes place. It’s 101!
I didn’t read the book, so I don’t know what Janet wrote about here.
But to answer my Quora user here is another best book you can try.
Puppy Training – The perfect step-by-step guide to training your puppy yourself for a positive puppy
Last but not least, this book is a great asset to have on your bookshelf, if books are what you want.
It sells on Amazon for only $1.18.
I don’t think it’s a very large book but it has spirit.
These are the best books I could find for my Quora user. Now it’s time to answer his question and see what happens 😊